Before you go to Sleep, Think of the Best Thing that Day for 5 Minutes.
Instead of worrying about all the things that went wrong today or everything you need to do tomorrow, clear your mind and think about what was the best thing that happened today.
- We got out of the house with no meltdowns.
- I got a good parking spot at work
- My child made me a beautiful picture at school today
- I got a hug for no reason from my child
- I lost a pound
- I had a good laugh with a friend today
- Nobody spilled anything at dinner
- I had a really great conversation with my son/daughter/wife/husband
- I had enough points for a free coffee
These are just a few example of things that could be major or they can be as minor as you want. Did it make you happy, did you smile…..think positive before going to bed. Try to wipe the stress away by thinking of all the good things that may have happened today.
See if it makes a difference in how you wake up the next morning.