This weeks Challenge to be a #BetterPerson is to Be Forgiving – Let Things Go.
I have decided it takes a whole lot more energy being mad/annoyed/aggravated (you get it) about something then it does to forgive and let things go.
If something bothers me, I usually talk to a friend and get it all out and then it’s like I can breathe and it’s over…for the most part! Here are some things to remember about what it means to forgive.
- Forgiving doesn’t mean you’re excusing the other person’s actions.
- Forgiving doesn’t mean you should forget.
- Forgiving is finding a way to live in a state of resolution.
- Forgiveness is something you do for yourself, not the other person.
- You cannot change the past, so don’t live in it.
- Smile and let it go. It takes some practice, but it helps!
Hopefully this will be of some help to anyone that is dealing with a difficult situation. Even though I know every situation is different, sometimes thinking this way can help for your own well-being.
Now onto the Surprise!!!
I decided since I am so close to 200 followers, it was time for a giveaway! You may enter this giveaway at a Rafflecopter giveaway (click the link). You could win a $25 gift card to Amazon!!!
All you need to do is 1) Like my Blog Page 2) Like my Facebook Page and 3) Tweet. You will then be entered into the raffle to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card!
The raffle will begin May 11 – May 18 2016! This contest is currently only offered to the USA and Canada. I will not forget my International friends….you will be coming up soon!
Thank you all for your awesome feedback and support since I started this blog! I wish you good luck!